News and updates about Gordon's fiction, available at Amazon and at Barnes & Noble, courtesy of Oghma Creative Media.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

My fictional history

I've been a fiction writer for as long as I can remember.  I made up fanciful stories in elementary and middle school, and added attempts at poetry in high school.

Now, admittedly, all of this was pretty bad writing.  In fact, I have done everything I could to make sure that all surviving copies of these early works were destroyed, which will frustrate the hell out of my future biographer but saved me from horrid embarrassment at the hands of my children.  ("You wrote that, dad?  Dear god, you sucked!")

I'm now fifty and I'd like to think I've improved a little, through sheer dogged persistence (and a lot of help from friends who were willing to edit my work).  In the last twenty years or so, I've begun to write novels, and to say that I write compulsively is kind of an understatement.  I have eleven novels and a collection of short stores that my aforementioned friends tell me are fairly good.  So I've decided to try to break into the e-book market, and have uploaded several of these to Barnes & Noble's e-book site (you can see them here). 

I thought that it might be interesting for my prospective readers to have a place where I post updates, news, and excerpts, so I've created this blog as a way to do that.  I'll probably post once a week or so, and will include news on what I'm currently writing, excerpts from my published novels, and general musings on the writing process.  I hope you'll find it interesting.

And if my fiction sounds intriguing to you, give it a shot.  I'd be delighted with any feedback you can provide (either here, or on Facebook, or posted to the Barnes & Noble website), and if you'd like to write a review for me, that'd be awesome.

Anyhow, happy reading, and I hope you enjoy my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment