News and updates about Gordon's fiction, available at Amazon and at Barnes & Noble, courtesy of Oghma Creative Media.

Monday, December 2, 2013

Interview with MaryAnn Kempher, author of "Forever Doomed"

Congratulations to my friend and fellow writer MaryAnn Kempher, who just published her latest book Forever Doomed.  It's available at Amazon (here) -- if you're looking for suspense and thrills, give this one a read.  Here's the blurb:
Detective Jack Harney agrees to do an old Army buddy a favor. Curt Noble had some personal business to attend to, he didn’t say what. What he did say was he needed someone to temporarily take over his duties as head of security on the struggling cruise ship Forever. Jack hesitates, but he owes Curt his life so agrees. He’s told the worst mischief he can expect to encounter will be the occasional shoplifter, or drunk. Instead, one week into the cruise, a beautiful red head and a member of the crew are ruthlessly murdered. Are the two murders connected? It’s up to Jack to find out. He must find the killer before the ship returns to Tampa’s port, or worse, before another dead body is found. This won't be easy. The ship is old, it's security systems outdated, and clues are few... or so it seems at first.
Jack moved thousands of miles, started over, and still can't get Amy O'Brian out of his heart or mind. When she shows up on the ship, as part of a large wedding party, Jack must fight to stay focused. To make matters worse, Amy isn't his only distraction; a sexy and mysterious woman has made it her mission to seduce Jack.
As the body count rises, and time slips away, Jack has to ask himself, “Did someone commit the perfect crime?”

This latest novel by the author of Mocha, Moonlight, and Murder sounds like the perfect winter read!

Here are a few questions I had for MaryAnn:
 
How long have you been writing?
I started my first book in 2008. I wrote on and off until I finally finished it in 2011. My second book, Forever Doomed took much less time, 7 months.

Do you like to read? If so, what are your favorite genres and why?
I love to read a good mystery, but I also like to laugh and I like romance. So, it’s understandable why my favorite authors include Agatha Christie, Jane Austen, and Janet Evanovich.

Can you talk about how important reviews are to writers?
I know as a reader that the review/rating won’t make me read the book, or not read the book—but it does encourage me to take a closer look. As an author, I’m told it’s wise to not look at your own review since not everyone will like your book. Not looking is a lot easier said than done. I do read my reviews, even the bad ones.


Is there any advice you have been given that you could give to a young up-and-coming writer?

Yes, before you start writing, buy yourself a few good self-help books in the genre you want to write. There are very few things you’d try to do without first getting some instructions, why is writing any different? I would also highly suggest you send your finished manuscript to The Editorial Department, they do a fantastic job showing and telling you where the MS has flaws.

How can your readers connect with you?
Oh, I’m everywhere. 
I love to read comments left on my author Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorMaryAnnKempher

I’m also on Twitter: http://twitter.com/maryannkempher

And, of course I have a website: http://mkempher.com
Forever Doomed and Mocha, Moonlight, and Murder are available for purchase at:


No comments:

Post a Comment